What does it mean the node is flashing red?
It means the node is not communicating with the hub because of any of the following reasons:
- The distance between the node and the hub or nearest repeater is longer than 30-40m.
- Heavy machinery like generators or large electric motors can generate a lot of radio noise that can impair the range of Converge hardware.
- Walls and safety screens both block the signal, so where possible, try to ensure they are not directly between the node and the nearest repeater or hub.
- If you make a change to your network layout, it can take a little while before the new hardware connects and the network stabilises. But if it's not back online within an hour, get in touch.
How do I fix it?
- First: Check that your hub has power and is in a location with a clear view of the sky in a position that is likely to get good mobile signal. The let must be stable green.
- Second: Make sure all of the repeaters used have battery.
- Third: Assuming everything looks ok, you may want to install more repeaters to improve the signal, contact support for advice on the best layout for your site.
- Forth: check that the node is still connected to the sensor and is within range of the nearest repeater or hub.
Once the network connects again, the missing measurements will upload automatically.
For more information about how to install the Converge HW:
If you run out of repeaters, or your repeaters have low battery, please contact Customer Support (firstname.lastname@example.org) to get extra repeaters.