Offline Data Collection means that you won’t be reliant on *poor internet on site, and you can be safe in the knowledge that your collected data will eventually make its way to the cloud when you find internet at a later time.
Step by Step
- Arrive on a site with *poor internet
- Collect data via Bluetooth from your devices on site via the mobile app.
- Cache data to your phone. You will see a new message in the app ‘data pending for
ndevices.’ This means that the data you have collected from those device is being stored on your phone, and will upload automatically when you next find internet.
- Leave your construction site, walk into either the site office or maybe even find a better spot on site.
- Wait for an automatic upload of your previously collected data as soon as the phone finds internet
* Not all functionality will be available offline. Therefore this new feature cannot be applied to an entirely underground scenario. This is because the phone requires Internet to be able to identify which devices are nearby in order to collect data in the first place.
Data collection without internet demo